If you love psychological thrillers, suspense, and twisted endings that make you say: "I never saw THAT coming" then you MUST WATCH The Tall Man (2012) rated "R" for violence, suspense and a whole lot of mysterious surprise.
Reviewed by others as a "rotten tomato" ... I thoroughly enjoyed this "horror" film and, a couple weeks after watching, I'm still thinking about it. I keep talking about this movie to my friends. Because of the choices characters made, my movie-watching-buddy argued with me about the ending.
Definitely NOT a vampire film (sorry vampirereview.blogspot.com fans). I'm writing this review because I felt this movie presented the sort of personal grief, inspiration that comes after taking from others, and introspection that most vampire movie freaks enjoy.
With a relatively unknown cast (but amazingly talented and good acting) the film features:
- Sexy, smart and heroic main character/nurse, Julia Dunning, played by Jessica Biel
- Innocent mute girl Jenny Weaver played by Jodelle Ferland
- Attractive older cop whose unwitting, Lieutenant Dodd, played by: Stephen McHattie
- Adorable child actor, David Johnson, played by: Jakob Davies
- Bumbling idiot cop, Sheriff Chestnut, played by: William B. Davis