Thursday, April 21, 2011

Zen And The Art of Vampires (Fun But Not Too Zen)

Zen And The Art Of Vampires (7th book in the "A Dark Ones Novel" series) by Kate MacAlister. $7.99 paperback.


This novel offers a rather humorous look at Pia Thomason, 39, a seemingly ordinary single looking for romance on her tour to Europe. During the journey the reader enjoys experiencing murder, mistery and intrigue.


CAUTIONS: While the title of this book includes the word "ZEN" there is little of the sort. The main character is rather awkward/clumsy and engages in a non-committed type sexual relationship, even when it means having sex with her new closest male-friend's best buddy regardless of how that might seem to him. 


DESCRIBING BELIEVABLE SEX:
"He was warm and male and pretty much fit the description of every fantasy man I'd ever imagined. I slid into bed beside him, crossing my fingers that he wouldn't insist on feeling all the pudgy parts of me. Men liked breasts -- maybe if I could keep him interested in those, he wouldn't notice my stomach and thighs and just exactly how big my butt was." (p. 77)


HUMOROUSLY, AFTER HER VAMPIRE LEAPS FROM THE BALCONY (AS POLICE ARE COMING) HE CALLS UP TO HER, URGING HER TO ALSO JUMP:
     "All women think they're too fat. I'm perfectly capable of catching you, regardless."
     His fingers were splayed on my hips, his breath brushing my lips. We were fitted together in an intimate way that seemed to make thinking difficult. His gaze dropped to my mouth, and I started to tingle all over at the thought of kissing him. 
     A voice shouting from the balcony roused us both.
     "Get moving," he growled as I rolled of him, quickly getting to my feet.


LATER (DURING THIS SAME ESCAPE)
     "Holy crap!" I yelled as he took the corner on what felt like only two wheels. "Are you trying to kill us?" 
     "The thought had crossed my mind," he ground out, his eyes glittering in the darkness as he sped out of town.


This book seemed very fun and light hearted as a quick read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vampire Review ingurgitates on reader feedback. Thank you in advance for providing food for the cranium.